The Nock Deighton Challenge 2016
For young Composers
- There is no entry fee for this competition.
- The competition is open to any young person under the age of 18 on 1st September 2017 and under 21 on the 1st of September 2017. Entries will consist of a piece of music fully scored for brass band and should generally be between 2 ½ and 4 minutes long (although entries longer or shorter than this will be considered on their merits).
- Entrants agree to the use of their composition by the Ironbridge Gorge Brass Band Festival Committee (the organisers) in youth workshops and where appropriate for performance at the 2017 Festival. However, copyright remains the property of the composer and any use outside of the above will be at his/her discretion.
- Entries need to be in PDF. In the event of software being used that is not accessible to the organisers, they reserve the right to insist on hard copy. An MP3 (computer generated or recorded live) of the piece must be submitted to assist the judges, but final judgments will be entirely based on the scores.
- All entries must be accompanied by a written description of the music.
- Entries will be shortlisted by a local panel of experienced brass band musicians and the final selection will be undertaken by a guest judge who is well known in the brass band world as a conductor, and contest adjudicator. No correspondence will be entered into regarding this final selection.
- The winner in each age group will receive a cash prize of £150 and hold the Eric Peagam Memorial Trophy. There will be two runner-up prizes of £50.
- Completed entries with completed entry form must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 1st May 2017 to allow sufficient time for judging and preparation of band parts for rehearsal. Any entries received after this date will be retained and entered for next year’s competition. Early notification of intent to enter will be welcomed and we can be contacted to provide any further advice.
- Entrants will be notified of the results of the competition by email and a list of prize-winners will be published on the Festival website (www.ironbridgebandfestival.co.uk)
Please download Entrance form and rules from here and email completed form to email@example.com